Sunday, April 26, 2009

How do I start a martial arts club at my high school?

How do I start a martial arts club at my high school without the school complaining about %26quot;liability%26quot;?





Do I have to bring an instructor in from my martial arts school to help run the club or what?





In the club, I%26#039;m planning on working on team demonstration forms for competition outside of school, and martial arts tricking.





Please help! I really want to start this club since martial arts takes up about half of my life!





Thanks!|||%26quot;Do I have to bring an instructor in from my martial arts school to help run the club or what%26quot;





the instructor would have to be brought in but it wouldnt be him helping you it should be you helping him.|||well i dont go to ur high school but talk to ur gym teacher he or she will get u started. (martial arts rocks i love judo and jujitsu bruce lee is my hero )|||All high school clubs need a faculty sponsor, so I would start there. After you have the sponsor see what would and wouldn%26#039;t be allowed on campus. Most likely your club will have to just discuss martial arts on campus (no actual practice) but if you can get the parents of your fellow club members to sign an injury waver (so if someone gets hurt the parents can%26#039;t sue the school, teachers, district, etc.) you might be able to have practice time.





To restate my advise in a non babbling form: get a faculty sponsor and see what your options are. Good luck with your club.

No comments:

Post a Comment