Friday, November 18, 2011

If I wanted to start a martial arts academy, what degree would be best?

No specific martial arts. I%26#039;m just wondering if I were to specialize in such a field, what would be the best degree?|||first you need to train at a qualified dojo.


you should teach and work in a dojo for several years to get to know the business. a business degree would help to


you should be at least a 3rd degree|||I am biased in this because I am a 3rd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, but I would say that is the best one to start. It will teach you respect, discipline, confidence, and will nurture your indomitable spirit. It has given me all of that, has kept me in incredible physical condition, and has also greatly impacted my work ethic/ study habits. As an instructor, I have noticed improvement in children%26#039;s ability to adapt to new situation, work in unfamiliar groups, better grades, happier, and better relationships with parents. It is may not be the most lethal of the martial arts, but I have never lost a fight, haha. Good luck- I hope this helped your decision!





|||If you%26#039;re talking about a college degree, I%26#039;d recommend a degree in philosophy. Otherwise, perhaps business or marketing.





Now, if you%26#039;re asking: %26quot;What degree blackbelt would I need to be to start a school?%26quot;





Well, that%26#039;s kind of a ridiculous question. Legitimate martial arts take years and years to get good at, let alone teach. See: Judo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Boxing, Muay Thai, Sanda...etc. Looking at it with the plan of teaching is odd - because your goal in a martial art should be excelling and improving. All of the above styles that I listed require a serious obsession in order to get great...plus, you%26#039;ll need to compete...a lot.





If you%26#039;re looking to start a McDojo with no alive training that focuses more on kata than say, sparring...well, that doesn%26#039;t really require a whole lot for a start, just money and advertising. Granted, if that%26#039;s what you%26#039;re doing - shame shame.|||The only degree you should have is a business degree. Other than that you need to have the skills in martial arts. Since you are asking this as an open style SKILLS are what are needed not strips of tape on a $10 belt. People tend to look at a persons waist to determine their skills. I always look at their skills and avoid their wast. Focus on a belt and all you see is someone elses view, look at their skill and you see your view. |||Ugh... Anime Kids... Everywhere.... Stop giving these ridiculous answers. You%26#039;ll never EVER be good at martial arts. You are all pathetic! Get over your weird manga books and try actually training...





Look, any type of degree will be fine. What really matters is the level of your skill. Not a belt a sash or a degree. Now I would recommend 2nd for show, but just because you have that degree does not necessarily mean you are fit to be a quality teacher. You cant teach if your not quality. You just can%26#039;t. It%26#039;s very depressing. Become a high level practitioner of what ever martial arts you want to teach then open you academy. Regardless of belt if your good your good. |||If you would like to be taken seriously please be at least a 3rd degree in a %26quot;single%26quot; system and do not make up a system.





3rd Dans are taken more seriously because they are more dedicated and have basically spent the same amount of time as a black belt to get there as they did as a kyu rank (beginner). I do not take anyone seriously under the rank of 3rd Dan that runs a dojo.|||Traditional Karate. You can teach Manners, Respect, and Self-Discipline while your at it. I have trained for over 24 years and have found that Karate has the best balance of the martial arts. UFC, MMA might be big hype right now but I can guarantee you that Karate has always been around and will be for a very long time. You can teach children as well as adults. I personally have USANKF National Champions from ages 5 to 55. My school is the only one ever to be on CNN News and we have been on there more than 1 time. www.cnn.com then go to videos and type in Karate. You%26#039;ll find 2 of the 5 videos there. In more specific, I teach Shito-Ryu Karate. email me at greenskarate@msn.com if you have any additional questions! |||I suggest you put aside your notions of starting an academy and join a school to learn from a quality instructor.





Not only do you have to grow as a beginner into a quality instructor but you also need to grow up. |||Probably a business degree. The University of Bridgeport offers a BA in Martial Arts Studies as well|||I would say 3rd dan but that%26#039;s only because of the clubs that I%26#039;m aware of, they allow 3rd dans and above to begin their own clubs.|||first you need to become the Fist of the North Star then and only then will you be ready|||What do you mean?|||first

No comments:

Post a Comment