Saturday, November 14, 2009

What is the best type of karate or martial arts to learn?

I%26#039;m 14 and i want to do some type of martial arts.


ps do they let in beginners at my age?|||I like kali/arnis because it%26#039;s a martial art that begins with a weapon and then progresses to empty hands. The weapon you begin with is just a 28%26quot; stick and the moves can be applied to whatever you%26#039;re holding at the moment -it can be a book, a shoe, your pen, an umbrella, etc. Also, the beauty of it is that you don%26#039;t hurt your hands so much as a beginner and as a teenager because the stick takes most of the impact, not your bare hands.





If you like to kick, try tae kwon do. If you can throw your weight around (literally), I heard judo also provides good foundation for other martial arts that you may want to explore later.|||Best type of Karate? I didn%26#039;t know that there were different types. Best type of Martial Arts? Jiu Jitsu. Jiu Jitsu has proven to be the most effective, as it has defeated every known art or science (boxing, wrestling etc). It%26#039;s debut in UFC 1 (Royce Gracie), became the art to learn for the MMA world from then on.|||A Form of Karate Goju-ryu,Shorei-ryu,Shotokan or Tae kwon do,or Mudokwon.|||Brazilian jiu jitsu is the best martial arts to do anyone who says otherwise i could most likely get them to the ground and make them tap. respects|||It%26#039;s never too late to start learning a martial art-- I started at 17.


I can%26#039;t tell you which one is the best one for you to learn--all I can say is: do some research, visit different places, maybe ask around.





Good luck and I hope you find a martial art you love!|||judo or jujitsu!!!|||There is no maximum/minimum age. As far as the best goes, there isn%26#039;t one. Martial arts are just that, an art. People like different things, and as such will like different styles of art, in essence no simple answer can be given - you need to go to different schools, watch lessons, then make a decision. Many schools will allow you to participate in one for free, some may charge you a small fee. Just make sure wherever you go you are happy and then the answer will follow.|||Best? There is no such thing as best style there is only best for the situation you are in. The only way that one can be the best is by learning a style for a base understanding then branch out and learn other styles. The more you learn the better you will be because you will have more insight into different situations. Plus I think any good dojo will let you be a beginner at any age 14 is not that old.|||I will be bias on this answer but, Dekiti Tirsia Siradas is the be the best for me.


It is awesome to watch yet, it is effective as a martial arts and practical on the street even on the war front.


Check out the links below.|||You might want to try a few places until something clicks with you; everyone has their preferences when it comes to styles, and even dojos within a style. I do Tae Kwon Do and Shotokan, and I%26#039;m happy where I am. Ask around, see what clubs are near you, and try a few.





Good luck!|||There is no ultimate style. I know that BJJ is the big thing right now, but will it help you if there are more than one attacker. Also if you take me down to submit me, better be prepared to lose an eye(or two), be bitten, scratched, and struck/grabbed in the groin. BJJ is great for what it%26#039;s designed for, but would not be my first choice on the mean streets. As for what is right for you, ask yourself these questions:





What do I want to train martial arts for?





What style will fit my body?





The number one thing is to find and instructor that you trust and respect. Any traditional karate, kung fu, akido, tae kwon do, judo, etc. will work and teach you self defense.





Best I can tell you is don%26#039;t get hung up on which style is better, figure out what you want out of it and go from there.|||kenpo karate|||Judo. Judo is very affective and they always allow people ate you age. im 14 and do judo. my friends brother is 7 and does Judo.|||Oh of course you can try any type of martial arts! I am in MMA which is mixed martial arts but of course I am 24 years old but theres not much difference. Just about every martial arts studio or dojo has classes for your age. Its sooo much fun!! You will be placed in a group with children your own age and then you will learn from there. Just remember one thing.. Its not going to be easy at times just like everything else you try thats new so dont quit and always do your best! k. :)|||kuk sool won





its almost every single martial art (with an exeption of ninjitsu) put together|||Muay Thai! Look up Tony Jaa%26#039;s films(Ong Bak and Tom-Yum-Goong). I don%26#039;t know the limit on age, but I think it%26#039;s pretty young, although I wouldn%26#039;t know where to start looking for schools either...|||It depends on why you want to learn martial arts and what aspects interest you most. Do you want a stand up or ground art? Do you want to defend or attack? There are so many that no one can tell, you need to find out what will work for you. Also, by age 14 most schools will allow you to train with the adults. Good luck in you journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment