Monday, November 16, 2009

How do I deal with my g/f who is a martial arts instructor and is tougher than me?

I am currently seeing a woman and do love her. My problem is she is a martial arts expert and physically I am no match for her. I practied with here once and she stopped because she didn%26#039;t want to hurt me. I had no previous experience in martial arts. I want to continue in this relationship but it bothers me. She once joked to her friend that she was my protector. It really hurt. How do I cope with this?|||Have some back bone. A bat cancels out karate. But this is not the issue. If you don%26#039;t respect yourself, how will she be able to respect you. It has nothing to do with who can kick who%26#039;s @ss.|||IT should not be a competition between you both, and you should stop feeling insecure about it. Karate is not street fighting either.|||Well Hon, that may have been a tad insensitive of her. But you yourself admitted that she was joking.


There%26#039;s nothing to deal with here, Hon. You love her. Maybe she could kick your butt if she wanted to....but she doesn%26#039;t. There%26#039;s nothing wrong with having a GF who is more capable of destruction that you are :)


Be happy that you have a GF who is so accomplished at something. And if she mentions that %26quot;protector%26quot; thing again, tell her in private that it bothers you. And I%26#039;m sure it won%26#039;t happen again!|||Just because she%26#039;s a martial-artist does not mean that she is %26quot;tougher%26quot; than you (People are usually a lot tougher than they think). And yes, a well-aimed punch or kick can hurt anybody, so your girlfriend was just being realistic.





Now, I have had martial arts training, I%26#039;ve been in a lot of fights, and I know that beating somebody up is one of the easiest things there is (That%26#039;s why almost every moron can manage it). The idea that this makes you %26quot;manly%26quot; is moronic. A long time ago, I had a girlfriend who probably could beat the crap out of me if she really felt the need to do so (It%26#039;s determination that counts, not brawn) and it didn%26#039;t really matter to me.





Of course, if your girlfriend intentionally uses this to belittle you, then it%26#039;s a different story.|||Just tell her not to say those things when you%26#039;re around....and you shouldn%26#039;t be angry just because she%26#039;s a woman and she%26#039;s physically stronger than you.|||Why not become more proficient in martial arts on your own? If she%26#039;s a stand up style (karate, tae kwon do...), learn a ground style (jiu-jitsu, judo...) or something like that. or just let her be the man if thats what she wants.|||Challenge her to a wrestling match. To gaurantee a win, use any electric hand-held device and strip away the plastic so the wires are exposed. Use it as a home made taser, lightly enough that she is weakened.

No comments:

Post a Comment