Saturday, November 14, 2009

How much do you pay for your martial arts program?

I am looking into taking martial arts and i am wondering what the average cost per month is.|||I do Muay Thai and it costs me 80 dollars a month.


I think most cost around 100 dollars a month.|||my karate school is 100 a month, other places in town are 95 and 100 and 125 once youre on the masters team.|||Mine is nowhere near average, but I am in a special situation...I am taking Taekwondo in South Korea, and I pay 40 a month, with 6 classes a week being taught.|||$70 per month plus a belt testing fee.





Our black belts don%26#039;t pay a monthly fee just a belt exam fee.





Kenpo Karate 10+ years.|||Hmmm....looking at the prices most of the people here pay for lessons, I%26#039;m kinda feelin lucky I didn%26#039;t have to pay for that much for training. My first self defense class was in JKD back in the 80s during my Compulsory Army Training, we paid the equivalent of $0.10 cents per 2 hour session 3 times a week, but this was more for the rental of training space than the lessons itself. After I broke my right hand, I took up Aikido which costed around the equivalent of $6.00 dollars per month for 6 hours per day, 6 days a week maximum, belt promotion exam certificates below black belt costs $0.80 cents. The only high cost I need to pay is the exam for Black Belt in Aikido which is around $300 dollars, this covers the yodansha(black belt certificate w/c doubles as student visa to Japan), transportation fare plus board %26amp; lodging fees in the capital city where the yearly blackbelt exams for all Aikido dojos affiliated with the Hombu are held by Japanese examiners sent to the country from the Aikido Headquarters in Japan. I also studied Kali under a Visayan master who charged me around $17.00 dollars per month for 2 hour sessions 2 days a week. Now that I think about it, I got the most of my money%26#039;s worth out of my Aikido training. Go figure.|||Around 135/month for Mixed Martial Arts and Grappling.|||If you look around and do your research rite you will get a good price. I pay 105 at a student discount rate at FAIRTEX, and it includes muay thai, yoga, boxing, jiu jitsu, all unlimited. Although i only do muay thai there. And i am about to pay 99 dollars a month for BJJ at ralph gracie academy, and another gym across teh city, is giving a special with hapkido, muay thai, and jiu jitsu unlimited at 135 a month. So id say prices are at a median of 100|||70 dollars a month for 4 hours a week.|||boxing at my club is $5 a lesson cheaper if your a fighter|||i think it%26#039;s a 135 for me and my brother im not positive.unlimited training so pretty much if there is an instructor on working you can normally train. but i%26#039;ve seen a tkd place for 45 a month.|||$35.00





My instructor doesn%26#039;t charge that much It%26#039;s the belt testing fees that cost...Black belt test is 100 dollars!|||$60 a month.





I can take kickboxing, muay thai, boxing, brazilian jiu-jitsu, Kali and also classes like spinning and core training.





The same membership costs about $80 a month nowadays, I joined over 4 years ago.|||Here Chokushin Aiki -Jujutsu classes are just $40 per month and you can train up to three times per week at the dojo for 2-3 hours every other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment