Monday, November 16, 2009

What is the best martial arts to learn for a man age 48?

I%26#039;d like to get into Martial arts at the age of 48. I had training in judo at 21.....but stopped. Is it too late to learn? What would be the best art to learn?|||Tai Chi. Some may think that sounds silly but there are martial applications to tai chi that are applicable to other martial arts or any physical movements. You have to join a good school though. The physical, mental, and emotional benefits are amazing.





I don%26#039;t recommend tai chi just because you are forty-eight. You could definitely, depending on your current physical condition, do something more physically demanding. I just like it because is works on all dimensions of your health.|||Try Tai chi. Its not rough, its soft, yet strong on the same time. Lots of M%26#039;sians practice Tai chi.


Chi gong is not bad too.|||Yes, Tai Chi is good, and may I suggest Aikido...like most martial arts, as I have trained in Karate, you take the fight to your opponent, whereas Tai Chi and Aikido, you don%26#039;t...and as Mr. Lee had said, it%26#039;s not the art OF fighting, but NOT to fight. Check those out, and maybe you%26#039;ll understand what I meant...now go train hard, and eat healthy.|||i liked tae kwon do. I remember a man being in his 60%26#039;s just starting.|||Tai-Chi. it is slow and is basically stretching until you get into the advanced stuff. my uncle does Tai-Chi and is in his early fifties but does all of the sword twirling stuff|||What about Tai Chi?|||Taekwando.|||Its never too late to learn, certainly not at the age of 48, your still young.





Try anything, personally I do boxing and kickboxing and I enjoy these very much. I have tried others such as karate etc, too much pondering about learning routines for my liking, rather than training and getting involved in some good action.





Goodluck with whatever it is you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment