Saturday, November 14, 2009

Martial Arts?

I was in Tae Kwon Doe as a child. I want to begin martial arts again, and was wondering which is the best. I want a form that offers technique in a stand up fight as well as a ground fight.|||You are going to receive many answers to this question, so the real question is what do you enjoy doing, there are many arts that offer both stand up and ground fighting as well as MMA schools, so I guess you have a lot to chose from.





I teach Krav Maga, we have some ground fighting, but not so much, so I study Combat SAMBO as well. I also study Wu style Tai Chi as I find it fascinating, the endless combination of things that come from simple movements.





If I were you I%26#039;d sample a few local places, see what they have to offer. I teach at local community centers and schools, so in my case making rent is not a motivating factor, but turning out Kravist%26#039;s is.





Try to get some of the local places let you try a free week, just to see if you like what you are doing, If you like what you are doing, chances are you will stick with it and develop into the martial artist you are capable of being.|||I studied Shotokan Karate. I liked it a lot because it is a hard style. Our Sensei would also invite teachers from other styles so we would know a bit about grappling and other techniques.





I think the first thing is to find out what you like best. Hard (Karate, etc) or Soft (Kung Fu, etc) style. Then you just work hard at it.





There is really no best martial arts. It is up to the individual who practices it. In any case, I do recommend you try a few introductory classes on each style to see what you like best.

No comments:

Post a Comment