Friday, May 21, 2010

Can martial arts defend us from animals?

Say if an animal such as a bear, tiger, dog or giraffe attacks us, can we use our knowledge from say, tae kwon do, karate or any other form of martial arts to defend ourselves and fight back these animals?|||I train to read my opponents moves so that I can figure out what he will do before he does it. I know how to block, punch, kick and use his movements and balance against him.


No one can read a tigers movements or speed, no one can block the force of a bears blow, and I just can%26#039;t picture a giraffe attacking someone.


The martial arts were developed for use against people, not animals.


Buy a gun.|||Regarding a Tiger,Bear etc,then best advice is best not be there.





As for dogs well I wouldn%26#039;t want to face a Rottweiler or staffie and my only advice would be to carry a dog whistle which emits a high pitch noise to deter them or what I personally carry a palm size ladies hairspray 4 for 99p from bargain shops in the UK if your quick enough to use it then it%26#039;s sure to deter most dogs.





Best wishes :)***|||Maybe, but I wouldn%26#039;t want to test it. Of course a martial artist would probably stand a better chance then someone untrained against say a dog, however I do not think there is anyone in the world that could go one on one with a bear or tiger and win. Maybe survive but not win.





As for the karate chop to the neck stated by one person, obviously you are not familiar with a dog that%26#039;s prey drive has kicked in. They will not stop, and you would have to knock them out or kill them.|||yes and no





i can see some things being effective


specially striking based arts





of some animal tried to attack you and you pulled off a perfect side kick


the animal %26quot;might%26quot; back off because it can tell your bigger and stronger then it





something like a bear....run!





but i know for a fact i do bjj


and work at a dog kennel, and i have been attacked by dogs before, i have swept them, pinned them, and usually get myself into a position where they cant bite me, and i can hold them down, with pressure on there throat while someone else grabs a restraint|||There was an article in Black Belt magazine last year about defending yourself against a dog. It was rather controversial with at least one dog training expert doubting how effective it would be.





But a bear or tiger? Forget it. Unless you are armed and able to get a shot off, you are dinner. Maybe a house cat or a small dog.|||I depends on what animal style of fighting you are trained in and what animal you fight with.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc1zhpqbE...





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTPHsk4WR...|||Chinese legend has it that a martial art master did fend off a tiger long time ago. It was not proven but with a sword or some kind of weapons, I believe they can. Mas Oyama did defeat a bull barehanded. I can%26#039;t even beat a dog. I went jogging one day and a dog attack me. Since I had shoes on I tried to kick him but he is fast beyond my imagination. I keep on missing and about to get tired when its owner came to my rescue. It was a close encounter with an animal that I don%26#039;t want to experience it again. |||It depends on whether your definition of MA includes bladed weapons, blunt force weapon, and firearms. In which case, I%26#039;m wanting an AK-47 to deal with that attack-giraffe you%26#039;re sending after me.





Seriously, large predators were a large motivator for early man to not only construct and develop weapons for hunting, but to become proficient in their use in defense.|||Er... you can try. Certainly isn%26#039;t going to hurt the situation. The odds are still on the giant muscular feral animal that outweighs you by hundreds of pounds, and has sharp horns, claws, and fangs.|||im pretty sure if you karate chopped a dog in the neck, the dog wouldnt mess with you.|||i bet if you put a tiger or a bear in a rear naked choke they will doze offf reallll quick|||I once put my sister%26#039;s hamster in an armbar followed by RNC. The darn thing refused to tapout !

No comments:

Post a Comment