Monday, May 17, 2010

I want to train in Mixed Martial Arts at a local place, how do I tell my parents?

I want to train in Mixed Martial Arts at a local place, how do I tell my parent I want to train in Mixed Martial Arts at a local brazilian jiu-jitsu place. Luckily, its only about 3 blocks away. How do I tell my parents I want to take something that involves fighting? It%26#039;s not a money issue it%26#039;s just that I don%26#039;t want my parents to think I%26#039;m some type of crazy obsessed kid with fighting. I mean I%26#039;ve always liked fighting throughout my life even when I was a little kid and they know that. They laugh because my grandpa loves doing that stuff too but how do I tell them? My parents are usually pretty relaxed about things but I want a non-awkward way to tell them. Thank you for any suggestions!|||just tell them you want to train to get a little fitter and learn some self defense in case something comes up. also tell them that it will teach you self defense and respect.|||Hey dad,ive started martial arts can you tell mum see ya.as your going out the door. daughter/dad you got it in the bag.


assuming your a girl.if not opposite son/mother.|||dude, you gotta take the angle of:





It%26#039;ll help me control situtations, and promote the regression of rage.





Mom it%26#039;s not like bar fighting....its more like a chess game......fighting smarter, not harder.





Push the education side of mma.





Compare it to military school





tell them %26quot;I promise not to break anyones heel with my nose%26quot;





Don%26#039;t show her any Bas Rutten videos!!!





Lie to them and tell them your taking gymnastics.|||If you are a minor no respectable school is going to let you train without parents permission. So go ask them don%26#039;t just walk out the door and tell them like some people are saying. that is a lawsuit waiting to happen.|||When you say your parents are relaxed do you mean they are very %26quot;anti-violence%26quot; and you already think they are going to object? As a parent, whatever you say, DON%26#039;T WHINE and make a logical, well-thought out case to present to them. Does this school enforce self-discipline, control, respect? If money is no issue, that%26#039;s great. Can you get to the school on your own so that their time to take you and bring you back will also not be an issue or can you work that out with them. Call the school and ask them questions. Let them know your parents might be hesitant and listen to what they say. Make and appointment with the school and visit it with your parents. They might be pleasantly surprised.|||just straight out ask them... or be like watching a fighting movie with your parents and tell them it would be really cool to fight like that....|||Well, it%26#039;s not a big deal really. Actually, at first I never wanted to take Taekwondo, but Mom made me. I decided to just deal with it and now I love it.





Also, it%26#039;s not just about fighting, it%26#039;s self defense. No one beats each other up there, except in sparring, and in sparring they use pads and body equipment. Just log onto a website and read about it, then tell your mother or father the information on it. There should be a number to the place that you%26#039;re wanting to go to. Ask your mom or dad to call them up and ask whatever questions they have. Master Seo%26#039;s place is right down the road from my house, too. It%26#039;s awesome, isn%26#039;t it? =)|||Try through your grandpa. Ask him to try convince your parents or for advice.





Also you can say you would like to wrestle but the school either doesn%26#039;t have wrestling team or wrestling team is full. brazilian jiu jitsu is very similar to wrestling. So if you say you want to do it as alternative to wrestling, your parents will feel like you simply want to play sport. That will be way to start.|||Hey buddy heres how to get involved into NHB, first of all you can%26#039;t just jump into it and say yeah im a NHB fighter, start with the basics, either by wrestling for your highschool team, or start classes with the BJJ school near you, this gives you a branch to work from, get your bjj really good and compete alot, i wouldnt recommend doing an NHB event till at least a really high blue or purple belt, after training for a while you have something to bring to the table at the BJJ/ NHB school, versus if your a newbie and your just walk into the nhb school and expect to get respect off the bat, respect is earned though really hard work and if you have no experince its gonna be alot harder for your to get it= your level of BJJ is going to push the other guys and while you can be working on your boxing or thai boxing, but first and formost learn to fight on the ground its a must. I had the same problem my mom wasn%26#039;t to pumped about me coming home with a few cuts and bruises, but if its something you beleive in and truly are passionate about i don%26#039;t see it being a problem, plus break it to them that you are there to learn BJJ a martial art, it sits softer with parents that way

No comments:

Post a Comment