Monday, May 17, 2010

Was wondering which martial arts i should choose?

I%26#039;m 22 years old and i%26#039;ve had a growing interest in getting involved with martial arts on some form. I%26#039;d think I have a good body type for it, I%26#039;m 6%26#039;2%26quot; and weight 181lbs. I%26#039;ve been playing ice hockey for 3 years, so balance and flexibilty really won%26#039;t be an issue. Which would you recommend for someone my age and body type?|||You seem to be mesomorphic, so you would do well in pretty much any martial art.





What do you prefer? Do you like grappling or hitting? Do you mind getting hit in the face? Are you in it for competition (training for competition = training self-defense), or do you want to do that flying acrobatic stuff, character development, etc.?





I%26#039;d recommend, if you want a very effective martial art for fighting, take Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu or Muay Thai. Those are great martial arts and you would have no disadvantage in them given your body type. High school wrestling is also a great martial art. If you want a more %26quot;traditional%26quot; style, Kyokushin Karate is really, really useful. You could also try your hand at judo.

No comments:

Post a Comment