Friday, May 21, 2010

Do you practice the filipino martial arts?

Which system?


Why did you choose the Filipino martial arts?


Where do you train?


Have you trained in the Philippines?


Which Traditional Filipino weapons have you trained and/or train with?|||i train in modern arnis I use the system created by Remy Presas passed to Datu Worden





I wanted to have some connection to the culture





I train in a Local gym and my own back yard





no





I have trained with the 28 inchescrima stick and shorter, the short staff,empty hand knives and the machete|||I practice the Filipino martial art of Kali/JKD created by Guru Dan Inosanto. I use the Escrima sticks and empty hand. The sticks improve my empty hand strikes and trapping. I chose the FMA because it was developed out of necessity by the Filipino people, most of whom have had to fight for their lives. FMA is the real deal just like the Israeli fighting styles. A real threat from large numbers of violent invaders creates an effective fighting system that is no nonsense unlike alot of traditional martial arts that use fancy forms.|||I am a FMA Guro, and I have a Black Belt (Lakan) in Modern Arnis, I also trained in Silat and Kuntao. My favorite martial art is Cabales Serrada Escrima, and I hope to return to my Master Training soon. I trained in Serrada since Oct 91, but I already had Black Belts before that in other arts. I hold a Black Sash in Serrada, and a Brown Belt in Kung Fu San Soo. I also trained in Muay Thai from Brooks Mason, and I have grappling capabilities. Serrada is my favorite FMA, and the Serrada empty hand against weapons is superior to any other martial art I have ever seen. I have never been to the Philippines, however I train in Sticktown, KALIfornia the mecca of FMA in the United States, and I taught at the Serrada accademy for over half a decade seldom missing a work-out.|||I practice Dekiti Tirsia Siradas System. Master Jerson really impress with with speed and practicality of the the System. I train with Master Jerson in Los Baċ¸½os, Laguna, Philippines and later with his his father Grandmaster %26quot;Nene%26quot; Tortal in Bago city, ****** Occidental, Philippines. Before I learn Cinco Teros during my P.E. class in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment