Friday, May 21, 2010

Does anyone take martial arts and what kind do you take?

I took ryukyu kenpo karate and shaolin do kung fu. What kind of martial arts do you take and which kind do you think are the best?|||I started in Tae Kwon Do and I hate it when people say they train in it and can%26#039;t spell it right.Currently I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for MMA and use my TKD back ground for the striking and refined with Muay Thai. I also train with people of various backgrounds.





To me there is no such thing as %26quot;The Best%26quot; martial art. They each have pros and cons. I do believe there are some crap ones out there though|||I teach the Universal System of Self-Defense





Rick


Sensei J. Richard Kirkham B.Sc.|||I am currently training in Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu which is my main martial art. I have also trained in various other martial arts including BJJ, Chung Do Kwan, Judo and a few others.





There is no best martial art. As martial art%26#039;s effectiveness is determined by the practitioner.|||Yes, i do. I take muay thai kickboxing, grappling, brazilian jiu jitsu, and colle sticks. I think this is the best, usually every kickboxing place will have all these. Muay thai kickboxing uses manyyy different martial arts and combines them. UFC is based on muay thai kickboxing and bjj, so i believe this is the best form of martial arts.|||ive been doing and teaching ma for over 40 years,semi retired now.(i dont teach anymore)but i have done boxing(golden gloves champion)zen do kai karate and bushi kai karate(dai sensei 6th degree)muay thai(trained and fought in thailand)submission wrestling,judo,tkd,akido,various other forms of karate(including kempo),bjj and jjj,chute wrestling and chute karate,praying mantis kung fu and other styles of kung fu,also various weapons style and bits and pieces of other martial arts.i also hold ranks and titles in some of them,not that means anything.


my style is my own based on what ive done and what ive used in real life or death situations.im currently doing tkd which i already was a 1st degree about 12 years ago but ive started again from white belt and i am also doing akido again starting from white belt.|||I began taking Kodekan Jujitsu 16 years ago, since that time I have taken many arts including: Hapkido (kickboxing), Kempo Karate, Kajukenbo, Kali, Escrima, and two forms of Silat. Most recently I have been attending seminars in SiKal with Guru Ken Pannell. The art that he helped develop includes both empty hand and weapons work. Along with this I have been taking Capoeira classes, as they help out my flexibility and fluidity a lot!


I would say that the best art form is the one you come up with. Taking the principal that Bruce Lee made famous with his Jeet Kun Do, that of taking what works for you and eliminating what doesn%26#039;t work.|||I do kyokushin karate ,korean kickbox ( Like muay thai but + trows and you can sweep to) , hapkido





Kyokushin training is rly hard (makes you super strong) the only ting that i mis is fist strikes to head so thats why a started korean kickbox to. In hapkido we do alot of joint locks , some ground fighting and TKD type of kicks.|||For six years I have taken a karate style called Shorinji Ryu( Shaolin Temple Method). I am currently a black belt and also work with weapons such as sai, bo, and tonfa. I am now working as a teacher to teach kids self defense, and have worked on CQC, arnis, and some juijitsu. My current style now is called Ryokukai.|||i take kyokushin karate....a style which is quite practical....builds power and strength. It is full contact. In knockdown tournaments you can kick to the head, body and legs and punch to the body but not the head. It is practical for street fighting and not flash but lacks variation particularly in kicking...think you need something like kick boxing or tae kwon do to compliment it|||I took Aikido for a while. It is probably the martial art with the best philosophy behind it. Protect yourself, but also protect the attacker. This is great cause you can protect yourself and not end up in prison for unintended man slaughter.|||Ju-jitsu but Japanse not Brazilian. It%26#039;s great for close in work; punches, kicks, great (horrible!) locks %26amp; joint manipulation, throws and ground work. Even better if you combine it with a bit of Muay Thai to improve your striking.|||Jeet kune do





the main philosophy of it is do whatever works and you%26#039;re not stuck doing only one technique





it%26#039;s basically organized street fighting and it%26#039;s awesome|||I take Muay Thai at the moment. I don%26#039;t think there are any %26#039;%26#039;best%26#039;%26#039; martial art. But I do think there are more effective ones, and my favorite is Royce Gracie Jiu Jitsu.|||take kempo so you can kill people|||I take Shorinji Ryu karate.|||boxing, muay thai, wrestling, bjj, i think the martial art that helps save ur *** is the best kind :)|||the tech guy at my school teaches tai quan do... i take it.





ps i dont know how to spell that

No comments:

Post a Comment