Friday, May 21, 2010

What should I know about Chinese martial arts to pick it up?

My girlfriend%26#039;s dad offered to give me free of charge, specialized training in Chinese martial arts (%26#039;I want my daughter to be protected%26#039;). However he did add that his method of training is traditional and %26#039;I will not be going easy on you%26#039;. I%26#039;m keen to take his offer, but are there any basics I need to know about martial arts so I won%26#039;t be too sorely humiliated?|||Lol, there%26#039;s no way you can prepare for a traditional Kung Fu training. And expect to be humiliated. Unlike the modern(read: western) way of training today, traditional chinese training means the methods used will be the old fashioned ways. There will be no short cuts and his word will be law. And sometimes, the old ways includes corporal and physical punishment, endless endurance training and some verbal abuse from your Sifu. The point of this method is to break your spirit down, then rebuild it from scratch again, thereby eliminating any bad habits you might have developed in the past and starting from a clean slate and instill discipline. This usually takes time and a lot of patience and commitment to learn on your part. But if you pass this training, hopefully you%26#039;ll become a strong willed individual who won%26#039;t get easily intimidated or discouraged at the first sign of trouble.|||I have taken chinese martial arts from 2 different masters from china.Both were patient kind helpful and very traditional in the teaching of each step .





Teachers who brutalize their students are usuall inadequate losers who only desire power and abject obediance from those gullible enough to think this is the true way.

No comments:

Post a Comment