Monday, May 17, 2010

How long does it take a 180 lb out of shape person to lose 50 lbs and be in shape to do martial arts?

I want to be able to start martial arts. But I am overweight and out of shape, but have been going to the gym regularly for the past month (5 to 6 times a week).





I am willing as much time as needed to get into shape as QUICKLY as possible.|||If you keep going to the gym as much as you are now (5 times a week is great) and eachtime you go to the gym workout for an hour and make sure your doing an activity that makes you sweat and puff (a cardio workout- like jogging or fast walking on the treadmill or the bike) for half an hour and then do strength training (lifting weights and sit-ups, push-ups etc)for the other half you will be well on your way to getting into shape. Of course the other half of losing weight is watching what you eat. Try to have smaller portians than you usually do at every meal and make sure your plate has more vegetables than anything else.. have a handful of protein at every meal (fish, chicken, lean meat) and only have 2-3 serves of carbs a day (have brown bread, rice, pasta or potatoes.. 1 serve is a slice of bread or a cup of rice/pasta). Also every time you feel thirsty have a cup of water, dont drink soda or even juice (juice is healthy but has lots of calories.. 1 glass a day is okay though). Its all a matter of saying to yourself %26#039;I am a healthy person, i dont like junk food anymore%26#039;!


I have lost 30 pounds over the last year by doing this and am now 130 and feel fantastic!


If you do that, and educate yourself on what is good or bad to eat you will definately be fit and ready to martial arts in about 6 months. 2-3 pounds is a good amount to lose each week.. i know you want to lose it quickly, but its not easy and the weight wont just drop off, you have to work for it! Good luck, you really can do it, and in October this year you will be 130 pounds!|||What kind of exercise do you do in the gym? If it%26#039;s primarily weights, you probably need to jack up the cardio exercise.





The best time to do cardio: first thing in the morning.





It will lead to the quickest weight loss -- when you do cardio first thing in the morning, you haven%26#039;t eaten anything for at least 10 to 12 hours, so your body starts burning fat pretty much right away.





I do my cardio first thing in the morning before work, and I do some weights in the evening after work.





You%26#039;ll find that doing your cardio in the morning will also benefit your weight training in the evening -- the improved stamina will in turn improve your weight sessions.





I run 5 miles, or rollerblade about 7 or 8, at least five mornings a week. If you%26#039;re not used to doing that much, that%26#039;s okay -- start out by walking for 30 mins. or so first thing in the morning, and gradually build it up to a jog-walk mix, then to a full-out jog.|||gym work is great to help lose weight and get into shape. cardio is very important to help your endurance. diet is also important - not just quantity, but quality of the food you eat.





most martial arts schools today don%26#039;t expect you to walk in off the street in perfect training condition. if you are interested in martial arts, sign up now!! it will help you with your goals and you can see the improvement as your health improves. martial art students come in all ages, sizes and ages. find a school that can meet your needs.





good luck in getting in shape and your martial arts training.|||A great exercise routine along with a proper diet may assist you in meeting this goal. Remember for whatever calories or carbs you eat the harder you will have to work at it. If you need assistance may I suggest this product Herbalife. This has helped me quite well. In December I had my 3rd open heart surgery at 28yrs of age after words the doctor asked me to drop some weight I was at that time 248. I hit the gym and plateud at 21 lbs weight loss. My friend suggested Herbalife so I tired it out and lost another 28 lbs my doctors are quite impressed. The diet and exercise along with these supplements and shakes worked out well for me. If you like you can email me or add me to your IM at pgnboys. An I will gladly discuss my story with you more. Good luck on your weight loss

No comments:

Post a Comment