Friday, May 21, 2010

Which Martial Arts class would be good for me?

I am very interested in taking some sort of martial arts classes.. im 19 and have never been involved with previous training, I%26#039;d like to invest my time in an art that teaches self defense, contains vigurous workouts to get in shape, as well as certain aspects to develop mind.. any ideas? thank you as well.|||Seriff Taekwon Do, i took it for three years and got my black belt, they dont use weapons and they r courteous and actually a good martial art, not st like beating the sh*t out of people, but it teaches u respect for ur elders and all that good stuff, hope i helped!





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...|||tkd is good, its all good, if you can take Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu heres a wikipedia link:


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_J...





its very useful it teaches you ground techniques and 90% of fights end up on the ground!





heres some example videos please watch all


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjK0g-cDJ... vs kung fu





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RawPYGzY... vs hapkido





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFCwdBEOS... vs kempo|||Right now i%26#039;m doing taekwondo, and before i wasn%26#039;t really in good shape but i lost weight and learned how to fight. Taekwondo is good if your quick (i%26#039;m like 6%26#039;4%26quot;) so u should do well. It focuses on Cardio,speed,flexibility. And many more stuff.|||Tea kwon do


Muey Thai


Ninjasu


Jujusu


Capoerira


Ken-po


Monkey|||I put my kids in Tae Kwon Do. I may Join myself.. If you are 19, You may want to look at Kung Fu. I talked with and was watching a instructor warming up. Man was it cool. Look into it.|||Aikido or Japanese ju-jitsu.





I%26#039;d suggest





As it%26#039;s an all rounder and covers all areas of fighting.





Best wishes :)***|||Boxing.|||You are gain detail information of this topic in the following website.





http://www.buy-fineart.com/





I feal this website is very workable and useful.|||Jeet Kun Do.|||Hey man, I%26#039;m in the same boat. I%26#039;m 20, and want to start to learn how to defend myself, and keep my body in shape. My uncle is a two time black belt in tae kwon do, and he has recently started learning a new martial art kalled Krav Maga. Why? because he realized that tae kwon do is more of a sport than an actually effective martial art. So, that caused me to look into it, and dude, it kicks ***. It teaches you how to defeat your attacker quickly and efficiently with no fancy crap that doesn%26#039;t work. It is a blend of Karate, Judo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and a whole bunch of MA%26#039;s. The effective moves are taken, and the usless fancy ones are left. Also, the training sessions are very intense, but also very easy to learn. You%26#039;ll go home sore, but wanting more. So, ya, look into it. Or, some other martial arts I%26#039;ve looked into are Judo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and even just boxing.|||Drunken Monkey!|||Chayon-Ryu





one of the best, and most fun I%26#039;ve ever seen...personal opinion of course





http://www.kimsookarate.com/|||u should do tae kwon do it easy and good for u|||If you get a really good boxing coach you can do well...|||the art does not matter as much as your effort does, go to any Karate, TKD, Boxing, any formal school of self defense, all will teach great application for self defense. as for the workout if you go to the school and try your hardest you will get a workout, with getting in shape its all about self motivation and effort. you get out what you put in.|||I am 19 also and i am a 4th dan black belt in tae kwon do. i recommend it to all it is a very good sport but you should check a round in to different schools and classes that is how you will find what you personally want to do my instructor study 7 different types and has now put them all in to one its very fun and always different even tho i have been threw it more than once and i learn new and more each time but find one you like and stick with it Good luck!|||JUDO!!





eh just kidding. there are some physically advanced yoga classes that focus mainly on strength. that way you wont be stuck in karate with 4th graders. I cant remember the name of it, but I think starts with a %26quot;B%26quot; and you do it in a 120 degree (F) room. its crazy, but it seems like it would work. (bring water!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment