Monday, May 17, 2010

Does martial arts help guys with their temper?

If yes then do you think all guys should do martial arts?


Getting a little sick of the hissy fit tantrums.|||For some people it will give them self control, others it may not and they will just have something better to use when they%26#039;re angry. No, I don%26#039;t think all guys should take martial arts because then fighting them will be harder. lol.|||Psychologically speaking, yes. The mental discipline and physical activity should, and has for me, reduced stress and anger. Physiologically speaking, also yes. The stretching, physical activity reduce stress in the muscles as well as the improved posture that comes with doing martial arts, ex. standing with ones legs straight (knees locked back) causes stress in the back and heels. Most martial arts will have you stand with knees bent, some also have you raise your heel(s).|||Sometimes, it depends on why he has the temper, and how is he going to be trained.





If he has the temper because he doesn%26#039;t like things going his way, then yes. In martial arts either you learn to cope with defeat or you quit.


If he has the temper to get attention, then the answer needs to start at home.





If the instructor is weak minded and doesn%26#039;t enforce the rules, then the child will never learn. If the instructor is bent on overpowering people, the child just might exchange his temper tantrums with physical abuse.





All these traits are learned early on, and as Confucius once said, %26quot;As the twig is bent, so grows the tree.%26quot; You might be able to straighten out the tree, but it will be an arduous task.|||oh yea?.. well imagine if guys had periods? the world would end as we know it, but yea kick boxing helped me with my anger problems, the solution to temper should be that everyone should own a heavy bag, and whenever something pisses them off they should just blow off the steam by beating the crap out of the heavy bag, ive heard that%26#039;s how they do it in japan, like their heavy bag resembles their boss and everday they come home from work and just beat the crap out of it.|||Exercise in general is helpful to guys and girls.





I%26#039;ve been training for a long time, I still have a temper, but I deal with it a lot differently (for the better) as a result of martial arts.





I think it can help alot, but don%26#039;t expect results overnight.





James|||In my experience it helps. It has helped me with my self control. I have seen it help others.


I don%26#039;t think all schools are equal in this regard. If your %26quot;guy is having issues in this regard after a year or sow perhaps the school is not helping. I suggest he change schools and or seek some counseling or anger management help.|||yes and no.





alot has to do with the individual%26#039;s mental state to begin with.





see all that spiritual psycobabble mumbo jumbo is just that- spiritual crap.





the truth is that that is not going to encourage or discourage someone from using thier skill to bully people or just be an *** and start fights unessesarily. If you are going to buy into that stuff- odds are you wouldn%26#039;t be the type starting fights anyway.





there is something to what you say though and I think it does reace certain people in a certain niche to help them work out certain insecurities-





Ie: the average teenage/collegiate person and sometimes older.





see people have insecurities (especially us males) when we are younger about fighting and asserting our %26quot;manliness%26quot; (I used to assert mine by putting snake venom into people%26#039;s beer- doc says I%26#039;m much better now).





seriously though- many people play %26quot;tough guy%26quot; at bars and parties after a few drinks (or before) becasue they feel they have something to prove.





think of it like this- if you are training against people who have skill, and you know that you can fight against and hold your own and win (or even just go agiainst) a legitimately trained, skilled fighter, are you more or less likely going to want to play %26quot;I have a bigger jhonson than you!%26quot; at a bar?





again- it depends on the person, but I think from the average male, it takes away that whole %26quot;i%26#039;m untested and insecure%26quot; aspect with %26quot;I know I can fight, I%26#039;ve fought better people, that are trained and skilled, and I know that I know how to really hurt someone%26quot;





now an ***, will leave it at that and find an excuse to act on it- but most people would end that with the thought %26quot;so I won%26#039;t unless I have to because I%26#039;m here just having fun and partying and hopefully taking you home tonight where your clothes will end up on my bedroom floor (if you are of the legal age of consent)%26quot;.





so it can affect a person, but in a large part it depends on who the person is before they begin training and while it can calm down the average person with normal sensibilities, it can make a psyco worse by giving him more knowledge on how to hurt someone in a fight.|||Yeah of Course it does...It helped me and has been helping me...I love to Train! MMA Rules BAby! going on my 3rd Year...never stopping!





Yeah Everyone should do Martial Arts...its Great for the Mind, Body, Soul, Spirit, Chi, Chakra....Everything! Brings out the Greatness within us...





But not everyone has what it takes! Some are Fighters others are Lovers...





And some Are....BOTH! Yeahhhh.|||Personally, capoeira made me love life a whole lot more, and I%26#039;m a lot less pissed nowadays, so I%26#039;d say yeah. It was the same way with XC/Track and Field too, but that%26#039;s b/c I was too tired to ever be mad.





: /|||Well stretching can release stress and tension which cause people to feel like sh*t and moody also if you kick and punch a punchbag that is really fun and relieves alot of tension so yes it does help.|||If someone studies, learns and INCORPORATES the philosophy / %26quot;spirituality%26quot; (especially of INTERNAL martial arts) -- YES.





If they are just learning a %26quot;fighting technique%26quot; -- NO.|||Martial arts does help with self-control. Since I started martial arts when I kid, I haven%26#039;t got into a single fight. I also think that it will help anyone with their social life. Good luck.|||anti-psychotic drugs is the only thing to help a nutt. Otherwise they would perscribe martial arts.|||If I know I can kill with an art I have learned,then I am very careful with that art around others. Self control is the hardest thing in the world to teach.|||I wouldnt see why not, martial arts is about discapline and respect.|||If someone embraces martial arts, then yes, it will help their self control.|||I think it depends of couch and their behavior , but it helps when the people dont use it in bad way ...|||no. it just helps us break things better. like people.|||stupid question. ITS A SPORT!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Martial arts training videos teach self defense by providing various fighting methods and defense techniques. These martial arts training videos are unconventional fighting techniques which give you the maximum advantage in any violent situation where your safety is on the question. Many amazing training videos can be found in cheapsafetyproducts.com.

    ReplyDelete