Friday, May 21, 2010

How much should I expect to pay to enroll in a REALLY GOOD martial arts school.?

I only wanna hear from people who are part of somekind of martial arts program. So that they can tell me the prices of their own schools.|||Before you ask about $$$$$$$$$$$, ask the guy who his instructor is or was, is he alive, and can you call him. Make dang sure he is authentic and not just a wannabe. Check the internet for the association he says he is a part of.


As far as the price, check all the yellow page listed people and see what the average going rate is. As a rule, if you%26#039;re in a large city, like say - Atlanta - New York - San Francisco - today%26#039;s rates may run you as much as $200 per month and you have to sign a one year contract. Other cities - smaller ones - the going rate could be much less - but average is about $100 a month these days. Idealy, find someone authentic that has monthly rates available as well as contracts - the more flexible they are with their rates, the more open minded they are as instructors - at least, that%26#039;s my opinion. I%26#039;ve been teaching authentic Kung Fu and Tai Chi for these 35 years now - but it%26#039;s still only one man%26#039;s opinion - OK?|||Around $50 a month. Price does not determine the quality of a school. Some schools are just about making money. A REALLY GOOD martial arts school shouldn%26#039;t charge very much. They should be about teaching and preserving their art, not making money.|||Totally dependent usually on how many classes you take.


Like college, except if you reach a certain maximum they let you take as many classes as you want- they tempt you into this because they make it the better deal.





The militech fighting schools. A popular mma fighting school along with its braches all charge the same 75$ per 3 classes a week. ANy class you want. Any day.





You should call up the schools you want to be a part of and ask them for their fees. Nobody on yahoo answers is going to give you a good solid answer because the question is so abstract. I highly reccomend you google schools near you. Find out on their website (many do) or if thats not possible call them.





Please rate. Thank you. and i hope this helps.|||Dont judge a school by its price. There are alot of mcdojos charging much more than they should. I pay $10 a lesson, and can schedule as many lessons as I want. I have been to other schools that want you to sign a contract and pay everyting up front. Thats not the way I want it. I want to make sure the lessons are good, and the style is good. The place I go to now is great. It is a streetfighting total self defense class. I have learned such simple defense techniques that all these other places made so difficult. There is no bs just fighting. We dont stretch in class My instructor says you can stretch at home. I am here to teach you how to fight. Thats how I like it. I am not paying to stretch.|||My school has a graduated system depending on how many family members attend. We have a saying, %26quot;The family that kicks together sticks together.%26quot;


1st person: $75/mth


2nd person: $45/mth


3rd person: $30/mth


4th person: $25/mth


5th or more person: FREE!





This covers two instructional classes, four open workouts, and a bonus Saturday class every week. There is also an additional adult class during the day and a family class for those who have trouble getting sitters during the week.





We do not have contracts.





I know at least two schools near us that charge $200+ a month. No discounts.|||I only pay 45.00 a month and that entitles me too 3 two hour classes a week. Be warned more money does not always translate into better teaching or training. One of the most skilled instructors I ever knew taught at a rec center for little or nothing.





Take Tiger Shulmans Dojo%26#039;s. very expensive and not worth much of anything. Best bet is to check your area for rates.|||it varies a lot.


i pay about $10 a lesson and im doing 3 different martial arts 2 are $10 a lesson and the other one is $50 a month but i know other classes which expect over $100 a month. but prices can change by how many classes you do and things like that.|||muay thai or bjj or something in that department should be between 1000-1300 a year





MMA should be 1400 and up








my muay thai gym was 1000 for a year


my bjj was 1300 for a year


and my MMA was 1500 for a year|||Well, I have a really affordable gym. I only pay $250 for three month of unlimited MMA training. I train with Olympians, so I assume quality is good.|||Depends on where you live. I live in the OC area and prices you usually range from 140-170 a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment