Monday, May 17, 2010

Is there a form of martial arts that will help me to clear my mind and improve my flexibility?

I do dancing, and i am not very flexible. This seems to be holding me back. That%26#039;s why i%26#039;d like a little extra help, because i know i can%26#039;t rely on myself(too lazy!).





I also want to be able to clear my mind, to calm myself down. You see, It%26#039;s my first year of high school(year 7) and the homework is shocking. We get 2 assignments per week plus daily homework for almost every subject. With all this homework, i am constantly stressed out and sometimes a bit depressed. I need something to help soothe myself when i am stressed. Once i have been calmed, obviously, i will get back to work.





Is there any form of martial arts that can help me with these things?|||Yoga is not a Budo (Martial art), it%26#039;s a Hindu Philosophy. YOu could Try Tai Chi, Aikido (i have my 1st degree blackbelt), Or Wu shu. All the Budos increase yer flexibility, but those i just mentioned will teach you Coordination and relaxation also.|||Yoga|||Tai Chi. Also yoga while not a martial art is also great for clearing your mind and developing flexibility.|||Tai chi.|||Afro-Brazilian Capoeira fits your style, dance-fighting, the movements require alot of flexibility to mask your intent, and development of movement/ rhythm/





any asian martial art focuses alot more on the spirit as well as harmony of the body and mind which would help your school|||If you want to clear your head and relax, I%26#039;d reccomend taking Tai Chi. It%26#039;s calming and gives you energy. It helps your breathing and flexibility, and isn%26#039;t draining. Also, if you are ever attacked, the slow, fluid movements can be sped up easily and have an insane amount of power. Learning the moves at slow speeds builds muscle memory (so you do them correctly) and strength.|||ur a seventh grader....dear u arint in highschool lol.......ok so...to calm youself..u should learn meditation.....to free your mind......try yoga....they sell videos at walmart.....and such....general tai chi and wushu training..is hard to find.....belive me.......but if u manage to get it..then try it ^_^...blessings dear|||I recently graded to probationary Black belt in Freestyle Karate so I am well placed to answer your question. (Just in case you thought what I%26#039;m about to say comes from a place of ignorance.)





Almost any Martial Art will aid in your mental training. ie. concentration, alertness, focus, balance and awareness etc.





Exercise in general will release dopermine into your bloodstream (the body%26#039;s natural %26quot;high%26quot; chemical) and make you feel happier.





Dancing is good and should help with your flexibility. Otherwise if you begin training it should address this area as well.





Best of luck!





The Iceman.|||Tai Chi|||ninjitsu is great for getting flexable.but they say that yoga is good to.|||well yoga is supposed to be good for those things. Its in no way a martial art but more just glorified stretching mixed with meditation. I tend to hate yoga practitioners as they tend to be whory and walk around in with an attitude of being superior to everyone just because they can meditate , stretch, and be a whore. The attitude kinda reminds me of paris hilton but more calm. But it is supposed to have the charictaristics you want so you may wanna give it a shot.





Now as an actual non whore producing art I would recomend any form of kung fu or tai chi. But if you want to go for fighting skills as well I would recommend eagle claw kung fu , tiger claw kung fu, drunken kung fu , or maybe monkey kung fu.|||Wushu/Kung Fu, Tae Kwan Do, Karate, Tai Chi/Chi Kung, Capoeira, etc...|||Yoga or Thai chi|||I recently started Yoga, love it.





I always thought it would help but had no idea of how much. It helps with my life. I go to a class at the gym for beginners, and I have a video tape too.





Do Yoga!!

No comments:

Post a Comment